Friday, March 2, 2012

#206 Train Yourself to be Godly

A blessed and reflective reading to all :)

1 Timothy 4 (NIV)
1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 

2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 

4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

6 If you point these things out to the brothers and sisters, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, nourished on the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed. 7 Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, 

train yourself to be godly. 

8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 

9 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance. 10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

11 Command and teach these things. 12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. 14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.

15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.




Praise the Lord!
A beautiful day to share God and His words!


As I recalled my older post (post #9- Growing Spiritually in Christ), I have shared that to grow spiritually in God, you just need to remember (2) things-- that is to immerse yourself in the words of God, and pray....simple and yet profound.


I have started this blog Aug. 17, 2011, more than (6) months have passed and I thanked God because our Loving Lord is still giving me the opportunity to share Him continuously. Everyday, I am blessed with His words, and I know, if you will take His words by heart, the same thing would happen to you too :)


I consider myself a living miracle of God, His words, and His work in my life. 


It is my husband who have prompted me to create a blog. I never thought that our Loving Lord will use this channel so that He maybe able to reach out to others too through this. As of today, I have 2,193 pageviews (as of 7:23am, Florida time), and I have 29 countries (Australia, Barbados, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Latvia, Nigeria, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK, US, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, South Korea, Colombia, Chile, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, Bangladesh, Barbados, & Serbia)  who have checked and still checking this blog. As passive as my way of sharing God, I can't helped but be overwhelmed by His work.


I am sharing this update on my blog to give God the highest honor and praise, to glorify Him, because it is Him who has prompted me and continuously prompting me everyday to reach out for others.


I love the Lord. My life has change its course because of Him. I can't get enough of Him. I am head over heels bowing down to Him, and I am just happy and joyful and ecstatic telling everyone-- I have God in me :)


I know, I believe and I claim, our Loving Lord, the God of my life, will continue to strengthen and empower me as I humbly follow Him through the rest of my days here on earth and beyond-- and that is eternity with Him.


Ponder this: You can claim the same-- just walk in the light of Jesus Christ!


Have a blessed day :)




Bible in a Year:
Read the Bible in One Year- Here's a reading plan where you and I can focus on God's Words everyday....to make it a habit, make it a practice, Amen :)


Read with me; God speaks to us through His words :)
March 2, 2012- 
Song of Songs 1-8


Today is the day :)
If you have not received Jesus Christ yet in your heart, today is the day. May you embrace His love and His gift :)


"Lord Jesus, I believe You are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with You from now on. I receive You as my personal Savior, accepting the work You accomplished once and for all on the cross. Thank You for saving me. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen." (ref prayer by: Dr. Charles Stanley, InTouch Ministry)

Why am I doing this? 
Simple...."I am driven by the eternal destiny of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment