Wednesday, March 28, 2012

#209 Great Is Our GOD



March 28 (Wed)-
A blessed and reflective reading to all :)

2 Timothy 1 (NIV)
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, in keeping with the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus,

 2 To Timothy, my dear son:
   Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thanksgiving
 3 I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 4 Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. 5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.

Appeal for Loyalty to Paul and the Gospel
 6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 8 So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. 9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.11 And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. 12That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.

 13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. 14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

Examples of Disloyalty and Loyalty
 15 You know that everyone in the province of Asia has deserted me, including Phygelus and Hermogenes.

 16 May the Lord show mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, because he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains. 17 On the contrary, when he was in Rome, he searched hard for me until he found me. 18 May the Lord grant that he will find mercy from the Lord on that day! You know very well in how many ways he helped me in Ephesus.



Praise the Lord!
It's been awhile, I miss sharing my thoughts and my reflections everyday in my blog. I've been in a roller-coaster ride of challenges by our Lord Almighty and what I can share today, with humility and thankfulness, our Loving Lord is truly a great, great God!


My nanay (mother) had a heart attack last March 2; the doctor said she has been blessed to survive the attack. My little boy and I rushed home here in the Philippines to be with her, thankful to God that she was given an extension on her life. 


March 6, we were back home in the Philippines, it was nanay's 72nd birthday, she looks weak that time and my heart can't contain the sadness I had seen when I saw my mom looks so frail. Two (2) weeks after, I let her undergo an angiography, a test/ procedure to check what's the state of her heart; when she was wheeled to the invasive/cardio room for her test, I am in tears to our Loving Lord, asking Him in fervent prayer to please let my mom be alright, let His healing hands touch her, let Him do a miracle for her, let her heart be better (because when she went a 2D echo, the findings is that her heart functions only 24% whereas the regular should be around 55-85%). 


And the most beautiful part, our Loving Lord touched her, she did not show any blockages in the heart, and the doctor who did the procedure said that at the age of 72, he cannot believe it that my nanay has a clean heart-- but I know in my heart, our Loving Lord has touched and healed her.


I praise God for His miracle in my nanay's life; I can't contain my happiness that time when the doctor announced that she does not have to undergo angioplasty nor bypass.


Isn't it truly great-- our God is the God of miracles and healing!


And I love my God, my dear Jesus Christ, for letting me share this beautiful news to all of you.


It is not easy to be in the midst of the storm, somehow, if you don't know who's your Stronghold, you can be carried away, but assuredly, I can attest that our Heavenly Father, our dear Jesus Christ, is the only one whom we can depend on, He is our Stronghold, our Rock, our Refuge, and I am witnessing His constant grace and compassion to us all, especially to my mom as He continues to heal her, and I praise Him with all of me, and I will continue to serve Him, share Him, live my life for Him.


Life is not easy, but remember to always look up, pray, read His words, and He will sustain you all the days of your life.


Praise to our One and Only God-- Jesus Christ!!!!


Have a blessed day :)




Bible in a Year:
Read the Bible in One Year- Here's a reading plan where you and I can focus on God's Words everyday....to make it a habit, make it a practice, Amen :)


Today is the day :)
If you have not received Jesus Christ yet in your heart, today is the day. May you embrace His love and His gift :)


"Lord Jesus, I believe You are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with You from now on. I receive You as my personal Savior, accepting the work You accomplished once and for all on the cross. Thank You for saving me. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen." (ref prayer by: Dr. Charles Stanley, InTouch Ministry)

Why am I doing this? 
Simple...."I am driven by the eternal destiny of others."


No comments:

Post a Comment