Saturday, September 10, 2011

#26 With God, All Things are Possible



A blessed beautiful Saturday to all (".)
September 10- Day 10, Chapter 10 in The Book of Mark
Mark 10
Divorce

...“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
...“Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her.12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”


The Little Children and Jesus 
...“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.



The Rich and the Kingdom of God 
...“what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
 ...‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’”
 20 “Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”
 21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
 22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.
...“Who then can be saved?”
 27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”


Jesus Predicts His Death a Third Time 
...“We are going up to Jerusalem,” he said, “and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles,34 who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise.”


The Request of James and John 
...whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”


Blind Bartimaeus Receives His Sight 
...a blind man, Bartimaeus, began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.”
 52 “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.



note: please read the full text on this link--
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark%2010&version=NIV


Praise to the marvelous God that we have!


"Nothing is impossible to GOD!"


I thank God everyday for my life and I will never stop thanking Him, showing Him my gratefulness and appreciating Him for what He is, and for what He had done, and what He will do.


I've been blessed with wonderful parents. I have been a witness on how they have preserved the sanctity of their marriage until "death do they part". Though my dad has been united with our Almighty at the age of 67, I am happy to have a "marriage" model so I can preserve too my matrimonial bond with my loving husband. I know it is not easy, it will take lots and lots of love and understanding, but primarily making God as the center of our family's love, life and union, nothing is impossible.


I remember vividly the the words of Heraclitus, a Greek philosopher, "nothing is permanent in this world except change." and I truly agree with him, "nothing in this world", but our God, the God of Heaven and Earth is not of this "world", and He is the only one who does not change.
"I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob are not destroyed."- Malachi 3:6
I believe in my heart that the rich man, although extremely rich, whom Jesus loved too (Jesus looked at him and loved him) had the Spirit's prompting and so maybe, he had a change of heart about his wealth, and maybe, he too inherited eternal life; who knows... nothing is impossible to God.


I know our Loving Lord wants us all to change...to change for the better...to change for Him, to conform to His word and not to this world and I know, nothing is impossible, if we will let Him change us.
Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


Others may not truly believe that Satan is very real; he is of this world and he is doing all that he can so that we can be distracted on our focus to God; everything that is good and perfect comes from God and the opposite of it is from the father of all lies, the angel of deception- Satan.


"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."- James 1:17

"...I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear (meaning to have deep reverence) me, so that they will never turn away from me."- Jeremiah 32:40


May we all learn to combat Satan's deceptions with the full battle gear God gave us; the full armor of God:
 - the belt of truth
 - the breastplate of righteousness
 - feet firmly grounded for readiness because of the gospel of peace
 - the shield of faith
 - the helmet of salvation
 - the sword of the Spirit 
(Ephesians 6:10-17) 


Nothing is impossible to God!



No comments:

Post a Comment