Sunday, September 18, 2011

#41 Grow in His wisdom and stature


Luke 2 (excerpts)
The Birth of Jesus 

...the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”


21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.


Jesus Presented in the Temple 
...as it is written in the Law of the Lord, “Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord

...Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against,35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”


39 When Joseph and Mary had done everything required by the Law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee to their own town of Nazareth. 40 And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him.



The Boy Jesus at the Temple 
...After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. 48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.”

49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” 50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.

51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

complete text of this chapter is on this link--

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke%202&version=NIV


Praise God!


I will never forget this verse, it is already ingrained in my heart and my mind:
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.


It had shown me a lot of meaning, and I am truly blessed for letting me see and discern His beautiful words for me.


I have shared a post in my facebook, "when you get in tune with God, you think less of yourself and more of God."
And it is not really thinking only, but the totality of yours is being transformed to a new you, a better you, a Godly-you.


Who would not want to grow in wisdom and stature both favoring God and men?
But this will never be possible if we will not center our life with God. It is only our God who can lead, guide and make us grow in wisdom and stature-- physically, intellectually, socially, emotionally but most of all.....spiritually. 


Everyday is a day for growing in the Lord....wholly.


It is my humble request from our Loving Lord that as He leads and guide me and walk me in His light, I maybe able to do the same to my child.


As I am writing this post, we are watching Good Life 45 and the topic are the atheists. He asked me what are they? I told him, they are people who don't believe in God. And he told me...."Mommy, I believe in God!"


Another leap in my heart....I thank God I never have to convince my child that there is God because I know in my heart that the Holy Spirit is working in my child as early as he is. And as he recited again to me the fruits of the Spirit which is now being nurtured and grown in his heart, I am just really blessed!


Be thankful if you are not questioning that there is God and you believe in Him! And yes, He will grow you in His wisdom and stature, until the time He will come back for us (".)


Glory to GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment