Wednesday, September 14, 2011

#30 Cry your heart out to God



A blessed day to all (".)

September 14- Day 14, Chapter 14 in the Book of Mark


Mark 14
(excerpts)
Jesus Anointed at Bethany

...a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head.

6 “Leave her alone,” said Jesus. “Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 7 The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. 8 She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. 9 Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

The Last Supper
22 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying,“Take it; this is my body.”

23 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, and they all drank from it.

24 “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,” he said to them. 25 “Truly I tell you, I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”

Jesus Predicts Peter’s Denial
30 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “today—yes, tonight—before the rooster crows twice you yourself will disown me three times.”

Gethsemane
...“My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death,” he said to them. “Stay here and keep watch.”

...Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

38 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”


Jesus Arrested
46 The men seized Jesus and arrested him.
 ...“Am I leading a rebellion,” said Jesus, “that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? 49 Every day I was with you, teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest me. But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.” 50 Then everyone deserted him and fled.


Jesus Before the Sanhedrin
55 The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death, but they did not find any. 56 Many testified falsely against him, but their statements did not agree.
you?”  

But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.

Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62 “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”


Peter Disowns Jesus
72 Immediately the rooster crowed the second time. Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows twice you will disown me three times.” And he broke down and wept.


note: the complete text is on this link--
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark%2014&version=NIV


Points to Ponder:
My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death,”


"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”


These are God's beautiful words for me today. Praise God for His upliftment!


Everyday is not always bright and sunny, though the weather appears it is so beautiful outside. There are really times that as if you are in a crossroad of asking, "why am I still here on earth?" How I wish I can be united with my Father in Heaven. How I envy those who die and are already united with our God. Sometimes, there is too much sorrow in your heart that you just want to cry.


But the beautiful thing is, we can never be desperate. We can cry our heart out with our God. We can tell Him all that is happening inside us, thoughts and heartaches, and we can request Him to replace sorrow with peace, joy and contentment.


We just really need to hold on to Him for everything and at all times.....most especially in our times of sorrow.


May this beautiful song uplift your hearts and spirits as it did mine.
God bless to all :)
please click the link-- Grace by Laura Story







No comments:

Post a Comment