Saturday, September 24, 2011

#49 Don't be Afraid; just Believe


A blessed reading (".)

Luke 8 (excerpts)
Jesus Raises a Dead Girl and Heals a Sick Woman

...49 While Jesus was still speaking, someone came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue leader. “Your daughter is dead,” he said. “Don’t bother the teacher anymore.”

50 Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed.”

51 When he arrived at the house of Jairus, he did not let anyone go in with him except Peter, John and James, and the child’s father and mother. 52 Meanwhile, all the people were wailing and mourning for her. “Stop wailing,” Jesus said. “She is not dead but asleep.”

53 They laughed at him, knowing that she was dead. 54 But he took her by the hand and said, “My child, get up!” 55 Her spirit returned, and at once she stood up. Then Jesus told them to give her something to eat. 56 Her parents were astonished, but he ordered them not to tell anyone what had happened.


note: complete text is on this link--
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke%208&version=NIV



Praise God!


One time, when my hubby and I are having our morning walk, I've told him that I try to chant some verses from the Bible over and over again in my thoughts. It helps me uplift my spirits and I believe it's another blessing for me to keep playing His words in my thoughts; sometimes with a melodious tune. 


Today's most inspiring message that touched my heart again is this: "don't be afraid; just believe."


It feels so good to really trust in our Loving Lord. Other than He is always confirming us everyday that as we learn to lean on Him and not on our own selves, He is giving us a thrill that is more than awesome and inexplicable.


Charles Stanley shared in his Life's Principles that as we continue to give our life to God and trust in Him with everything, we are assured of all the things we ask in Him in prayer; that complete faith in our Almighty unravels a relationship where we can truly claim that when we request something from Him in prayers, "it's as good as done."


It is truly a blessing; and yes, life is never the same again, amen!


If there are doubts, fear, unwanted/negative thoughts that lingers in you now, just chant wholeheartedly............"I am not afraid, I believe."


We have our Loving Lord's blessed assurance of all His promises to us.....and that we can hold onto until the end.


Glory to GOD!



No comments:

Post a Comment