Saturday, February 4, 2012

#178 Walk by the Spirit

A blessed and reflective reading to all :)

Galatians 5 (excerpts)

Freedom in Christ 
1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

...6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Life by the Spirit 
13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: 

Love your neighbor as yourself.” 

15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh

17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: 
sexual immorality, 
impurity and debauchery; 
idolatry and witchcraft; 
hatred, 
discord, 
jealousy, 
fits of rage, 
selfish ambition, 
dissensions, 
factions and envy; 
drunkenness, orgies, and the like. 

I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is 
love, 
joy, 
peace, 
forbearance, 
kindness, 
goodness, 
faithfulness,
gentleness 
and self-control

Against such things there is no law. 
24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 
25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.



Praise the Lord!
Amen to the words of our Loving Lord!


When you walk in the beautiful light of the Lord, everyday He will let you know and feel how great it is to belong to Him. I always hear that the Christian walk is not an easy walk, it is full of challenges, sometimes the challenges becomes struggles, sometimes you just want to say "I quit" but I could tell you, as "baby" as I am in this beautiful walk, I would not choose any other way :)


If everyday you are assured that He loves you, that you are in His protective shield, that you are His and nothing and no one can snatch you away from Him, that He is carrying you when you can't walk anymore, that you are blessed beyond measure, that as you continue to hold on to Him, to cling to Him and your focus is on Him, He continues to renew you, give you the strength and the empowerment to live this life..........how then can you not stay in the path of His righteousness and holiness.


Yes, this is my simple testimony as I live my life for Christ-- my walk with God is the most awesome walk I have and I will continue this walk because there is no other option for me. 


How about you-- how's your walk with God? 

Glory to GOD!
May Jesus' love abounds in us all everyday (".)



Bible in a Year:
Read the Bible in One Year- Here's a reading plan where you and I can focus on God's Words everyday....to make it a habit, make it a practice, Amen :)


Read with me; God speaks to us through His words :)
February 4, 2012- 
2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17


Today is the day :)
If you have not received Jesus Christ yet in your heart, today is the day. May you embrace His love and His gift :)


"Lord Jesus, I believe You are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with You from now on. I receive You as my personal Savior, accepting the work You accomplished once and for all on the cross. Thank You for saving me. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen." (ref prayer by: Dr. Charles Stanley, InTouch Ministry)

Why am I doing this? 
Simple...."I am driven by the eternal destiny of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment