Monday, February 27, 2012

#202 Not Everyone Has Faith

A blessed and reflective reading to all :)

2 Thessalonians 3 (NIV)
Request for Prayer 
1 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. 2 And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, 

for not everyone has faith. 

3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 4 We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. 5 May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.

Warning Against Idleness 
6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: 

“The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat. 13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.

14 Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed. 15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

Final Greetings 
16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

17 I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write.

18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.




Praise the Lord!
Whom do you believe?


What do you stand for?


I had my first taste of subtle persecution. A friend of mine requested me to stop posting/ sharing the words of God (my daily blog postings) in our facebook group. I was so hurt and so sad. I am not doing anything bad, I am just sharing God and yet from a friend requesting me not to share God is something I am having a hard time understanding. 


What is so wrong sharing God's words-- God's words are our life. 


Though hurt, decided to respect his request. And I prayed. I told our Loving Lord that He make a supernatural intercession so that the heart of these friends be touched in such a way that they may softened and be opened to the "knocking" truth of God's words.


It is my request and prayer that my co-believers in Christ pray with me so that we continue to stand boldly for Christ, to share Him even in times of discouragement, be empowered and be strengthened, because what I truly believe is that God's words are like double-edged sword that can penetrate even the hardest hearts.


God bless to all :)    

Have a blessed day :)




Bible in a Year:
Read the Bible in One Year- Here's a reading plan where you and I can focus on God's Words everyday....to make it a habit, make it a practice, Amen :)


Read with me; God speaks to us through His words :)
February 27, 2012- 
Psalm 119:1-88


Today is the day :)
If you have not received Jesus Christ yet in your heart, today is the day. May you embrace His love and His gift :)


"Lord Jesus, I believe You are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with You from now on. I receive You as my personal Savior, accepting the work You accomplished once and for all on the cross. Thank You for saving me. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen." (ref prayer by: Dr. Charles Stanley, InTouch Ministry)

Why am I doing this? 
Simple...."I am driven by the eternal destiny of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment