Friday, February 17, 2012

#191 Be Rooted in Christ Jesus

 A blessed and reflective reading to all :)

Colossians 2(ESV)
For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I say this in order that no one may delude you with plausible arguments. 5 For though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ.

Alive in Christ
6 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, 7 rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

8 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

Let No One Disqualify You
16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

20 If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations—21 “Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch” 22 (referring to things that all perish as they are used)—according to human precepts and teachings? 23 These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh.



Praise the Lord!
Everyday, I try to share my walk with God in His beautiful light :)


Today is another blessed day to share Him. This morning, I shared a prayer devotional from Primetime with God in my facebook profile, and I am sharing the same to all of you here in my blog :)


Feb 17-
Today's Inspirational Prayer from Primetime with God:

Dear God, 
I commit my life afresh to you, to follow the paths of righteousness. Please help me to live life according to your will, your plan, your Word. Open the doors you want to me to walk through, and close the doors you do not want me to enter. I come to you asking for guidance for this day, and every day to come. Thank you for hearing my prayer. 
In Jesus' name. Amen. 

Our Loving Lord have closed the doors of a continued work opportunity for my husband here in the U.S.; as we have received the final verdict of our status today around 5 pm, I can't help but cry, and then I held out the hands of my hubby and my little boy and prayed with all of my heart and praised God, thanked Him because finally, we don't have to wait anymore, and told Him that if He had closed this door, He will open new ones. Time for us to go back home :)

You may be facing a different circumstance/s and in a way it feels not so right, but I can tell you, if you have truly trusted God with all of your heart and your whole being, such circumstance/s is God's way of growing and strengthening your faith-- I believe this, I claim this, "to soar on wings like eagles, you have to hope in the Lord every moment," 

that is what our Loving God will do to all who completely given their trust on Him :) 


Remember: 
Be deeply rooted in Jesus Christ and He will show you the way.....always :)


May Jesus' love abounds in us all everyday (".)



Bible in a Year:
Read the Bible in One Year- Here's a reading plan where you and I can focus on God's Words everyday....to make it a habit, make it a practice, Amen :)


Read with me; God speaks to us through His words :)
February 17, 2012- Psalm 5; 38; 41-42 

Today is the day :)
If you have not received Jesus Christ yet in your heart, today is the day. May you embrace His love and His gift :)


"Lord Jesus, I believe You are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with You from now on. I receive You as my personal Savior, accepting the work You accomplished once and for all on the cross. Thank You for saving me. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen." (ref prayer by: Dr. Charles Stanley, InTouch Ministry)

Why am I doing this? 
Simple...."I am driven by the eternal destiny of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment