Thursday, August 25, 2011

#12 Jesus is our "vine"; we are the "branches"





A blessed day to everyone (".)

One of my dreams is to visit a vineyard where I can savor the beauty of full-grown grapes at its best, delight in picking some bunches of it, and have my picture taken in rows of hanging grapes by my side. One day, if our Loving Lord permits me to let my dream come true, it will be another "glimpse of heaven" for me.

Today's sharing is about "remaining in the "vine", and the best illustration I can think of are these bunches of grapes hanging beautifully in the vine.


John 15:1-8


The Vine and the Branches
(Jesus said): “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

As a constant reminder, our Loving Lord is telling us: "remain in me so that you will bear fruit, apart from me you can do nothing."

As stubborn (pardon me for the choice of word) as we are, the reality is that we will never survive on our own. Most of the times, we like to be very independent and yet inwardly, we are longing for someone to depend on, although there is so much pride in us to accept the truth about it. Acceptance that we are nothing without our Loving Lord is the start of a deepening relationship with our Almighty, and as we fully depend on Him, He will display His power in our lives.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”...For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Jesus, the God of our lives, is the only one whom we can really depend on....rely on....He is our Stronghold and whatever circumstance we are in, He will let us go through it unscathed, but rather, He will make us stronger and admirable because of the work of the Holy Spirit in us. And true to His words, He will let us bear fruits for the glory of our Father in Heaven. These are some precepts I am holding on to, and I am sharing these for its worthiness both in words and in deeds. 

My life started to unfold the real purpose of it through my acceptance that without my God, I am nothing; that I am letting go of myself to Him and surrendering my pride to Him.......that though I have everything, I still don't have anything without God residing fully in my heart; and that my life is just meaningless if He is not the one In-charge of my life.

Ecclesiastes 1:2
“Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”

Ecclesiastes 1:18
Wisdom Is Meaningless
For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
the more knowledge, the more grief
.

Ecclesiastes 2:1-11 (excerpts)
Pleasures Are Meaningless
...“Laughter is madness...I tried cheering myself with wine, and embracing folly...I undertook great projects...I bought slaves...I also owned more herds and flocks than anyone...I amassed silver and gold for myself, and the treasure of kings and provinces...I acquired singers, and a harem as well—the delights of a man’s heart...Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
nothing was gained under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 4:13-16
Advancement Is Meaningless
Better a poor but wise youth than an old but foolish king who no longer knows how to heed a warning. The youth may have come from prison to the kingship, or he may have been born in poverty within his kingdom. I saw that all who lived and walked under the sun followed the youth, the king’s successor. There was no end to all the people who were before them. But those who came later were not pleased with the successor. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Ecclesiastes 5:10
Riches are Meaningless

Whoever loves money never has enough;
whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income.
This too is meaningless.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the duty of all mankind
.
For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil
.

All kinds of pursuits account to nothing if it is not directed for God and His glory. And this is a general statement, no exceptions. Everything should be directed towards Him, whatever it is, and His amazing grace and overflowing blessings will just be instantaneous.... If we will remain in His vine, amazingly, we will bear fruits continuously.


Inspirational Prayer:
Heavenly Father, we thank you for your words today. Truly, You are our amazing and wonderful Lord God. Thank you for letting us glorify You through your words and messages that uplifts our spirits. Thank you for letting us  learn more from You dear God; thank you for reminding us to trust You completely; thank you for leading us; and thank you for being our source of strength and our armour for all the battles you want us to face. May your love overflow in all of us. Please let us continue to rely on You on everything...please keep us in your vine. We lift up all our families to You and all others who need your blessings, protection, healing, peace, joy, contentment and love. We will abide in you as we continue our walk in your light and guidance, in Jesus mighty name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment