Wednesday, August 31, 2011

#16 Growing Old in God's Grace




A blessed day to everyone (".)

A hint of smile formed in my face when I thought about the title I indicated in my new post-- "growing old."


The signs are starting to crept in-- gray hair, 20/20 vision before and now I am wearing eyeglasses, backaches, memory loss.....funny isn't it. 

I am really not that old, I will turn 40 this year, and believe in my heart that if God permits me to still continue live my life, I may grow 'till I am 70 or 80-- the regular life span of a human being.

Psalm 90:10
Our days may come to seventy years,
or eighty, if our strength endures;

2 Corinthians 4:16
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

My point is, I am not afraid to face life, nor death anymore; God is with me and though I am perishing physically and outwardly; I am glad that I am renewed spiritually through Him day by day.

To hold on to a beautiful promise of "spiritual renewal" everyday is something we should all focus unto. Our physical body will come to an end even we don't want to; even we live healthy lives-- eat the right kind of foods, be fit and not stress or worry ourselves. We are all destined to die, sooner or later, but to claim that we have "eternal lives" is something only true Believers can hold on to. Our Saviour Jesus Christ has conquered death, and He has now prepared a place for us in Heaven with Him-- that is the most amazing and wonderful promise we have, if we have believed and accepted Him.


Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
  There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
  a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.



John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

May we all see that this life on earth is not the real life our God predestined us to live. This is the temporary lives He gave us, we have something far better than this-- the life in Heaven with Him, quite indescribable and unfathomable by our feeble minds, but assuredly, it is the best!


Revelation 21:3-4
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”



Inspirational Prayer:
Dear Father God, may we all be renewed spiritually through your mercy and grace everyday we live the lives you temporarily gave us. May we continue to hold on to the beautiful promises you have for us. May we share to others the message of eternal gift of life in heaven you have stored for us. And may the yearning desires in our hearts emblazed with vigor and enthusiasm as we wait to be united with you in heaven. In Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment