Saturday, August 20, 2011

#7 Growing in God's Wisdom







2 Timothy 3:1-4
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—

Revelation 3:15-16
(These are the words of the Amen): I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Before, when I am not yet truly in God's light, I consider myself a half-hearted Believer. Yes, I pray on a regular basis but sometimes I do forget too; yes, I attend church but not very regular; yes, I ask our God for forgiveness but not all the time; yes, I give to the church, to my family, to others especially those in need, but occasionally; yes, I read the Bible, but not on a regular basis; yes, I thank God everytime but I always want more in my life...


The one in highlights in 2 Timothy 3:1-4 is in a way a description of my life then:
- I love myself more than others, that is including my hubby and my little boy;
- I want more...most probably because we were not well-off then and I had really a taste of "life is hard", I want my life to be financially stable...to have my own "home", my own car, lots of savings in the bank, to be able to explore the world and the list goes on... and everything entails money; 
- I'm in a way too proud of myself, most probably because of my achievements, with such, I am always having a hard time stooping down to others, though I am not boastful, I have high regard of myself; 
- when I am in a fit of rage, I am like a volcano, and when I am in an outburst, I hurt others with my words and sometimes actions;
- it is so hard for me to forgive easily, when I am hurt, as if I was stabbed with a knife deep within me and I can't take it off;
- other than my forgiving issue, I don't forget easily, especially when you've done me wrong; and
- I can also prejudge a person instantly, as if I am character-reader.


But our God, our Loving and Merciful Father, my Saviour and my Everything, did not look upon all the negative in me but rather, He helped me see it for myself, ...through His constant love, reminders, Words and loving messages from the Bible and my devotionals, the people around me especially my husband, and the church I attend to, I am now walking humbly in His way, in His truth and in His light...


I am seeing His perspective now,
- that rather than loving myself more, He is teaching me to embrace selflessness, that reaching out for others is far better than satisfying yourself;
- that the pursuit of worldly pleasures- car, home, money, exploring the world, financial stability, (all material in nature) will never give me happiness nor contentment, but rather it will keep me away from Him and I won't be able to give Him the first priority which everyone of us should be doing;
- that pride is the result of success, it will never make me humble;
- that self-control and gentleness are fruits of the Spirit, and to nurture and grow it, it takes lots of patience and understanding of others;
- that the measure of a true character is humility, and humbleness entails forgiving and forgetting the hurts and pains that others may have inflicted on you; and
- that no one has the right to judge or prejudge others, because the measure you use will also be used against you comes judgement time.



I am a work in progress, but I can humbly attest, my whole being is undergoing a sanctification process and I am so deeply grateful to the Lord God of my life.


To be transparent to others is not an easy thing to do, but I know in my heart that when you let yourself mirror your life to others, you will see that you are not alone, that each and everyone of us has "baggages" that we need to unload to the One True God who will give us rest and true freedom.



Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

John 8:36

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”




This is the song that best represents my heart's desire:
This is my desire, to honour You
Lord with all my heart I worship You
All I have within me
I give You praise
All that I adore is in You
Chorus:
Lord I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for You alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me



Glory to GOD!


GOD bless us all (".)



No comments:

Post a Comment