Thursday, August 18, 2011

#4 My Continuing Walk with God



A blessed day to all (".)


This is the sequel to the post I've shared- "God's Free Gift of Salvation."


I have mentioned that it took me 21 years before I was baptized by immersion and it was the most important decision I've made in my life. Why?


True to God's Words, I believe in my heart that the Holy Spirit started to manifest its work in my life when I truly received Him through Christian baptism.


Acts 2:38
...Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.


Our God of Salvation, Saviour and Redeemer is genuinely the God of love because He is the ultimate expression of love and He is truly patient with all of us.


1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love.


2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.


You may find it OA (overacting) but I did cry my heart out when I've shared with my hubby that I am so grateful to our Loving Lord that He has been patient with me through the 39 years of my life, because looking at it, it is only now that I am seeing His light in its sincerest form.


To share a bit of my life, I am a Roman Catholic by birth, both my parents are Catholics, so it follows. My mom is the first spiritual companion I've had and I owe it to her that as early as a child, she taught me to lift up everything to our Loving Father in Heaven and I followed her advice, I always let God be the God of my life, I lifted up to Him all requests and I never forget to be thankful to Him everytime.


As I reminisced it, I am blessed throughout my life, though not totally in financial aspect, but on everything else. I've been surrounded by people who loves me-- good parents, siblings, friends, co-workers...even acquaintances and now, an almost perfect family-- a very loving husband and a man of God, and my son, the "angel" whom God gave us as a foretaste of heaven. His name is Raphael Joram, Raphael, named after one of the angels of God, and Joram, meaning "God is exalted". I really consider my life as a living testament of God's unfailing love and continuing faithfulness to His children.


However, there is a "but,"....my life centers all around me,....myself....and I.


I could assure everyone that I am not in the dark, but I am not in God's full light either that "time of my life." I experienced an "inner void" in me, I felt I am not complete, I am not contented with my life though our Loving Lord has overly blessed me, and with such, my inner depression manifested outside of my character. That time, as if I am in a battle. 


But I never gave up seeking our God, and He did not let go of me either, but instead, He helped me get through it, carrying me if needed.


Hebrews 13:5
... (God said) never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.


Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying:
"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.



Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declared the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you,
The Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in His love He will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing."



Jeremiah 32:40
I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.


Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.


Isaiah 40:11
He tends His flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in His arms
and carries them close to His heart;
He gently leads those that have young.



I have fully surrendered my life to Him. I am outpouring all of me to Him in prayers, I regularly ask forgiveness for my sins when I pray, I attend church, I am deepening my relationship with Him through reading and contemplating on His Words.... read my Bible, read devotionals like Our Daily Bread, My Utmost for His Highest, Our Daily Journey, Strength for the Journey, Cup of Comfort, Inspiration Ministries sharings and the like, and make it a point that I do it in a daily basis.


And the miracle of my life happened.... I don't have the void anymore, I am complete, I am contented, I have gladness in my heart, and I have inner peace....now I can truly affirm, I see my life in His light (".)


John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."


I am a sinner saved by God's grace, and now, I humbly want my life to be of use to Him by sharing Him and His Words, to be able to give back glory to Him everyday He lets me live and patiently waits for Him with enthusiasm, vigor and optimism because in my heart, the greatest reward of being a child of God is to see Him face to face.


God bless us all (".)








       











No comments:

Post a Comment