Sunday, January 8, 2012

#151 Lessons About Marriage

A blessed and reflective reading to all :)

1 Corinthians 7 (excerpts)
...each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 

...To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

...But those who marry will face many troubles in this life

...a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— and his interests are divided. 

...a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. 

...live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

 ...A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord. 40 In my judgment, she is happier if she stays as she is—and I think that I too have the Spirit of God.


Praise God!
It is only God who can strengthen and empower any relationships, especially marriages, even through their lifetime :)


My parents stayed married for life, and I am happy to share that my mom has a lot to contribute into it. God gave her the patience and endurance to stay in the relationship, though there are really lots of ups and downs, I believe in my heart that God is her stronghold that is why she was able to keep the bond intact. My dad is with the Lord now, and my mom is devoting her remaining life exclusively for the Lord :)


Yes, marriage will never be a "bliss" everyday. In the first years, yes, but after awhile, the romance will somehow die down. And then, you will see each others inadequacies, and it will keep crawling into the relationship, somehow, it will try its best to put a crack in the bond, and if "you will let it", then "boom." 


My relationship with my husband will never be perfect; as hard as I try, I am always seeing the small details of him not putting so much in the relationship. I call him a complacent partner, the "now you feel him, now you don't" kind of husband. He's an introvert, I am the opposite. He prefers to be silent, I prefer to talk and share and share. He likes to be in his computer, I like to go out, walk, talk, and savor the beauty of life. And that makes our relationship in a strain. There are lots of times I tell him I don't want to continue my life with him, because I believe I am somehow totally fed up.


But God is so good to me, to us, why???


Because He always gives me the enlightenment to handle my bond with my husband. Everyday, as I let God come through me through His words, He shows me the way on how to handle my marriage right. He lets me think straight, He lets me reminisce all the beautiful times I am in "cloud 9" with my hubby, He lets me see how my husband loves me so much. So, how could I give him up? He's my perfect half, he is the love of my life, he is the gift God gave me.


Ponder this: if your marriage is in a downhill, why not lift it up to the Lord Almighty. All the answer is in Him and Him alone. If you will let God bless your "union", if you will let Him be the center of your marriage, assuredly, whatever challenge may come your way, especially in your relationship, He will let you go through it in His shield of protection. He will never let the relationship go bad, never even worst, but will rekindle the fire of love, Amen!


Have a great day in the Lord!

Glory to GOD!
May Jesus' love abounds in us all everyday (".)



Pray for Impact:
JANUARY 2012
Wi se L i vi n g
L E A R N I N G  t o WA L K  w i t h G O D
Thank You, Father, that You teach us to live purposeful 
and praiseworthy lives as we listen to Your voice and 
submit to it.  
WEEK 2: Lift up Dr. Stanley this week, asking the Lord 
to give Him clear direction for his life and ministry in 
2012. Pray that he will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and 
submissive to His will.
WEEK 3: Pray that each member of In Touch’s executive 
team will grow closer to the Lord by seeking His guidance 
and surrendering to Him.  
WEEK 4: Pray for the leadership of In Touch to do their 
work as unto the Lord. Ask God to give them wisdom and 
grace to deal with challenges both in the workplace and 
their personal lives.
WEEK 5: Pray for all In Touch employees to seek the 
Lord’s vision for their lives this year and to be obedient to 
whatever He reveals.


Bible in a Year:
Read the Bible in One Year- Here's a reading plan where you and I can focus on God's Words everyday....to make it a habit, make it a practice, Amen :)


Read with me; God speaks to us through His words :)
January 8, 2012- 1 Samuel 9-12


Today is the day :)
If you have not received Jesus Christ yet in your heart, today is the day. May you embrace His love and His gift :)


"Lord Jesus, I believe You are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with You from now on. I receive You as my personal Savior, accepting the work You accomplished once and for all on the cross. Thank You for saving me. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen." (ref prayer by: Dr. Charles Stanley, InTouch Ministry)

Why am I doing this? Simple...."I am driven by the eternal destiny of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment