Friday, January 13, 2012

#156 One Body in Christ



A blessed and reflective reading to all :)

1 Corinthians 12 (excerpts)

...no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 
 ...To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, 
 ...to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 
 ...to another faith by the same Spirit, 
 ...to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 
 ...to another miraculous powers, 
 ...to another prophecy, 
 ...to another distinguishing between spirits, 
 ...to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,
 ...and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

...Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body,

...But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 

...Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.



Praise and thank God!
As Christians, as Believers, we are all called to be one with Christ. We are more than gifted so we can use it for God's calling, God's will and perfect purpose for all of us; may we all be in agreement and pursue our higher calling-- to be servants of the Most High for the greater good, for His Kingdom, for His glory, for our eternal destiny :)


Have a great day in the Lord!

Glory to GOD!
May Jesus' love abounds in us all everyday (".)



Pray for Impact:
JANUARY 2012
Wise Living
L E A R N I N G  to WA L K  with G O D
Thank You, Father, that You teach us to live purposeful 
and praiseworthy lives as we listen to Your voice and 
submit to it.  
WEEK 2: Lift up Dr. Stanley this week, asking the Lord 
to give Him clear direction for his life and ministry in 
2012. Pray that he will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and 
submissive to His will.
WEEK 3: Pray that each member of In Touch’s executive 
team will grow closer to the Lord by seeking His guidance 
and surrendering to Him.  
WEEK 4: Pray for the leadership of In Touch to do their 
work as unto the Lord. Ask God to give them wisdom and 
grace to deal with challenges both in the workplace and 
their personal lives.
WEEK 5: Pray for all In Touch employees to seek the 
Lord’s vision for their lives this year and to be obedient to 
whatever He reveals.


Bible in a Year:
Read the Bible in One Year- Here's a reading plan where you and I can focus on God's Words everyday....to make it a habit, make it a practice, Amen :)


Read with me; God speaks to us through His words :)
January 13, 2012- Psalms 7, 27, 31, 34, 52
Excerpts from the Psalms of David 
(beautiful passages to lift us up :)


Psalm 7
10 My shield is God Most High, 
who saves the upright in heart. 

17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; 
I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.

Psalm 27

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

4 One thing I ask from the LORD,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

11 Teach me your way, LORD;
lead me in a straight path

13 I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

Psalm 31

3 Since you are my rock and my fortress,
for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
4 Keep me free from the trap that is set for me,
for you are my refuge.
5 Into your hands I commit my spirit;
deliver me, LORD, my faithful God.

14 But I trust in you, LORD;
I say, “You are my God.”
15 My times are in your hands;

16 Let your face shine on your servant;
save me in your unfailing love.
17 Let me not be put to shame, LORD,
for I have cried out to you;

19 How abundant are the good things
that you have stored up for those who fear you,
that you bestow in the sight of all,
on those who take refuge in you.
20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them
from all human intrigues;
you keep them safe in your dwelling
from accusing tongues.

24 Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.

Psalm 34

1 I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
2 I will glory in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.

8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
9 Fear the LORD, you his holy people,
for those who fear him lack nothing.

11 Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,
13 keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from telling lies.
14 Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.

15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous,
and his ears are attentive to their cry;
16 but the face of the LORD is against those who do evil,
to blot out their name from the earth.

17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all;
20 he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.

22 The LORD will rescue his servants;
no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

Psalm 52

8 But I am like an olive tree
flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God’s unfailing love
for ever and ever.
9 For what you have done I will always praise you
in the presence of your faithful people.
And I will hope in your name,
for your name is good.

AMEN and AMEN!!!



Today is the day :)
If you have not received Jesus Christ yet in your heart, today is the day. May you embrace His love and His gift :)


"Lord Jesus, I believe You are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with You from now on. I receive You as my personal Savior, accepting the work You accomplished once and for all on the cross. Thank You for saving me. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen." (ref prayer by: Dr. Charles Stanley, InTouch Ministry)

Why am I doing this? Simple...."I am driven by the eternal destiny of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment