Tuesday, January 17, 2012

#160 When You Are Lonely

A blessed and reflective reading to all :)

1 Corinthians 16 (excerpts)


Be on your guard; 
stand firm in the faith; 
be courageous; 
be strong.  
Do everything in love.

Praise and thank God!
When you find yourself too bored with your life, loneliness will seep in, you will feel as if everything is crumbling down and negative thoughts will flourish in your mind.


That is my struggle :( 
It's been awhile (more than 3 years), I am away from my extended families and friends in the Philippines. I thank God that I have my hubby and little boy here with me because if not, most probably I will go nuts. That's the impact of boredom and loneliness in me, just a stay-at-home wife and mom, have not found new friends yet. 


So when I think of all the overseas contract workers who sacrifice their lives to be away from their families and work abroad, away from home, I can't help but feel sad and be sympathetic to them too. I am totally hats off to them all, it is hard.....the feeling is just unexplainable.


But there is always the beautiful part, the best part, that though we get lonely, we will never be alone, because God is with us. I kept chanting that in my thoughts, especially when my mind is already entertaining negative thoughts, which I truly believe doesn't come from the Loving Lord who wants only the best for all His children.


This is the last chapter on the 1st Epistle of Paul to the church in Corinth; what He instilled in me today is reflective and profound:

Be on your guard; 
stand firm in the faith; 
be courageous; 
be strong.  
Do everything in love

...that I just need to hold on to Him continuously and never give in to negative thoughts (guard your mind); that He is continuing to grow my faith so I just need to stand firm; that I need to be courageous and strong (strength that comes from Him not from me); but the most striking part, though not new anymore is-- everything I do, I do it in love :)

Ponder this:
If you are feeling all alone, reach out on your Bible, let God talk to you, He will uplift you, not only today, but everyday, every moment you spent your time with Him :)

God bless everyone :)


Glory to GOD!
May Jesus' love abounds in us all everyday (".)



Pray for Impact:
JANUARY 2012
Wise Living
L E A R N I N G  to WA L K  with G O D
Thank You, Father, that You teach us to live purposeful 
and praiseworthy lives as we listen to Your voice and 
submit to it.  
WEEK 3: Pray that each member of In Touch’s executive 
team will grow closer to the Lord by seeking His guidance 
and surrendering to Him.  
WEEK 4: Pray for the leadership of In Touch to do their 
work as unto the Lord. Ask God to give them wisdom and 
grace to deal with challenges both in the workplace and 
their personal lives.
WEEK 5: Pray for all In Touch employees to seek the 
Lord’s vision for their lives this year and to be obedient to 
whatever He reveals.


Bible in a Year:
Read the Bible in One Year- Here's a reading plan where you and I can focus on God's Words everyday....to make it a habit, make it a practice, Amen :)


Read with me; God speaks to us through His words :)
January 17, 2012- 1 Samuel 28-31; Psalm 18


Today is the day :)
If you have not received Jesus Christ yet in your heart, today is the day. May you embrace His love and His gift :)


"Lord Jesus, I believe You are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with You from now on. I receive You as my personal Savior, accepting the work You accomplished once and for all on the cross. Thank You for saving me. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen." (ref prayer by: Dr. Charles Stanley, InTouch Ministry)

Why am I doing this? Simple...."I am driven by the eternal destiny of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment