Sunday, January 15, 2012

#158 The Gift of Prophecy

A blessed and reflective reading to all :)
1 Corinthians 14 (excerpts)
1 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy


...the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort


...the one who prophesies edifies the church


Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air


Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church.

20 Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults



...prophecy, however, is not for unbelievers but for believers


...Everything must be done so that the church may be built up


...my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues. 40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.




Praise and thank God!
To quote the gift of prophecy from my readings on the "Views on Miraculous Gifts,"- the truth of God has already been fully revealed in His Word (the Scriptures, Sola Scriptura); we just need to declare it to the whole world.


May we all be prompted by the Holy Spirit living in us to speak forth and declare to everyone the divine will of God-- to embrace Jesus Christ, the only savior of the whole world, and start deepening our relationship with Him :)


Have a great day in the Lord!

Glory to GOD!
May Jesus' love abounds in us all everyday (".)



Pray for Impact:
JANUARY 2012
Wise Living
L E A R N I N G  to WA L K  with G O D
Thank You, Father, that You teach us to live purposeful 
and praiseworthy lives as we listen to Your voice and 
submit to it.  
WEEK 3: Pray that each member of In Touch’s executive 
team will grow closer to the Lord by seeking His guidance 
and surrendering to Him.  
WEEK 4: Pray for the leadership of In Touch to do their 
work as unto the Lord. Ask God to give them wisdom and 
grace to deal with challenges both in the workplace and 
their personal lives.
WEEK 5: Pray for all In Touch employees to seek the 
Lord’s vision for their lives this year and to be obedient to 
whatever He reveals.


Bible in a Year:
Read the Bible in One Year- Here's a reading plan where you and I can focus on God's Words everyday....to make it a habit, make it a practice, Amen :)


Read with me; God speaks to us through His words :)
January 15, 2012- 1 Samuel 25-27


Today is the day :)
If you have not received Jesus Christ yet in your heart, today is the day. May you embrace His love and His gift :)


"Lord Jesus, I believe You are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with You from now on. I receive You as my personal Savior, accepting the work You accomplished once and for all on the cross. Thank You for saving me. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen." (ref prayer by: Dr. Charles Stanley, InTouch Ministry)

Why am I doing this? Simple...."I am driven by the eternal destiny of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment