Saturday, January 28, 2012

#171 In my Weakness, God's Strength Manifests

A blessed and reflective reading to all :)

2 Corinthians 11 (excerpts)

Paul Boasts About His Sufferings 
17 In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool. 18 Since many are boasting in the way the world does, I too will boast. 19 You gladly put up with fools since you are so wise! 

22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. 
Are they Israelites? So am I. 
Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I. 
23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. 
I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. 24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 
29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? 
Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?

30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. 31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying.


Praise and thank God!
How awesome it is to reflect on God's words :)


The Apostle Paul's work of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world is a manifestation of God's power that one's strength overflows if it really comes from God. How can anyone endure all hardships, sorrows, danger, hunger, isolation, etc. without God in His life. 


Truly, praise God, the Almighty, our source of comfort, our refuge, our strength....


May we all continue to request strength from Him everyday as we continue our walk with Him; He is the only source of it.......and it truly overflows :)

Have a great day in the Lord!



Glory to GOD!
May Jesus' love abounds in us all everyday (".)



Pray for Impact:
JANUARY 2012
Wise Living
L E A R N I N G  to WA L K  with G O D
Thank You, Father, that You teach us to live purposeful 
and praiseworthy lives as we listen to Your voice and 
submit to it.  
WEEK 5: Pray for all In Touch employees to seek the 
Lord’s vision for their lives this year and to be obedient to 
whatever He reveals.


Bible in a Year:
Read the Bible in One Year- Here's a reading plan where you and I can focus on God's Words everyday....to make it a habit, make it a practice, Amen :)


Read with me; God speaks to us through His words :)
January 28, 2012- Psalm 102-104

Today is the day :)
If you have not received Jesus Christ yet in your heart, today is the day. May you embrace His love and His gift :)


"Lord Jesus, I believe You are truly the Son of God. I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed. Please forgive all my wrongdoing, and let me live in relationship with You from now on. I receive You as my personal Savior, accepting the work You accomplished once and for all on the cross. Thank You for saving me. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You. Amen." (ref prayer by: Dr. Charles Stanley, InTouch Ministry)

Why am I doing this? Simple...."I am driven by the eternal destiny of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment